Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-05-2010, 01:38 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
- Rep Power
Render Java App Over Non-Java App In Direct3D Full Screen
Slightly messy thread title, I know...I'm not sure how to succinctly express my question any better. I'd like to know if it's possible to draw a Java app over the top of another non-Java app that's operating in full screen using Direct3D. I'm creating an overlay for a simulator to display some telemetry about what's actually going on using some protocols that are built into the simulator. I'm using per-pixel translucence with an alwaysOnTop undecorated JFrame and a JPanel with a custom paintComponent method. This is working OK at the moment when I run the simulator in windowed mode (so it's not running in full screen). However, when I move to full screen my app isn't being drawn any more. Is it possible (preferably with a pure Java way but platform dependent would be acceptable) to still render my app over the simulator (running Direct3D 8) even when the simulator is running in full screen mode?
My gut tells me this isn't possible, but I've been surprised at the number of things I thought were impossible that have been accomplished. Thanks for any advice (even if it's just confirming what I suspect).
Also posted on Sun/Oracle forums but no help yet.
- By doctorned in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 12-10-2009, 10:40 AM
- By Willi in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 10-13-2009, 02:10 PM
- By Java Tip in forum java.awtReplies: 0Last Post: 06-23-2008, 11:24 PM
- By valery in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2007, 06:08 PM
- By Jack in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 07-02-2007, 05:49 AM