Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 04-25-2009, 01:43 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- Rep Power
Text looks blurry at point size below 9
I'm having a strange problem with fonts below 9 points. I'm using the drawString() method to draw strings on various components and when I change the font size to be small they get blurry and not very readable. I tried turning on anti-aliasing and it looks better, but still not desireable. I also downloaded ClearType Tuning from Microsoft (changes the way text looks to make it more readable), but that doesn't seem to effect the text that I draw on my components. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
- 04-28-2009, 05:42 PM #2
I would have thought anti-aliasing would make it worse. I think you have to manually select the ClearType fonts as well.
My only suggestion is to play around with different fonts and try to avoid making them too small.Don't forget to mark threads as [SOLVED] and give reps to helpful posts.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
- By Yoruichi in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 5Last Post: 04-22-2009, 04:37 PM
- By VineetKumar in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 04-17-2009, 02:58 PM
- By angues in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 6Last Post: 02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
- By louiebagz in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 07-01-2007, 07:37 AM