Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Hello forums!
- 07-08-2013, 06:36 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
- Rep Power
I've got a few weeks of spare time, and decided to do something useful with them: time to learn Java.
For my studies, I have to program a lot in Matlab, and I have gotten to like it very much. So, I thought: time to learn a 'real' programming language. In addition to that, I study physics, and I rarely get to apply the knowledge I have. Programming something seems to be fun way to use some of the mathematical and physics knowledge I have now. :)
My plan was to just work through the tutorials at The Java™ Tutorials and when I'm ready with that, try programming a simple game like Pong. I started today with these tutorials, and I'm at the Objects & Classes session now. Woohoo! Ultimately I would like to be able to write Apps for android, for example. Also, I thought this skill might come in handy for my studies, and also when I'm good enough, I could take a part-time programming job, perhaps.
Of course, when you are teaching yourself, it's nice to have a place to ask questions. That's why I signed up here.
If anyone has any tips or good advice to get me started more quickly... Don't be afraid to say so! :D
Have fun all,
Last edited by Margresse; 07-08-2013 at 07:11 PM.
- By smoovejayy in forum New To JavaReplies: 19Last Post: 02-14-2013, 01:08 AM
- By angryboy in forum EntertainmentReplies: 16Last Post: 08-11-2009, 12:15 PM
- By Eranga in forum Suggestions & FeedbackReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2009, 05:58 AM
- By sari in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-20-2009, 12:19 AM
- By uncommon in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-18-2008, 01:18 PM