Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: New member, need some advices
- 01-09-2013, 05:04 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
- Chillan, Chile
- Rep Power
New member, need some advices
I'm a new member. I know NOTHING about java, these are going to be my very first steps, so I need some guidance.
I'm a HARBOUR/FIVEWIN developer, I've done very complex desktop apps, using Mysql as my default DB.
I have no problems with these apps. In fact I prefer to develop with HB/FW instead of VB because my programs are translated to native C, so I need no dependencies, dll, or whatever... and they are very fast.
Now I want to migrate some modules, report routines to a web server, make them accesible from anywhere, even from a tablet or smartphone. Java seems to be the choice.
I'm a good reader, so learning, testing will be the way to go for me.
Do you have a post, blog, document or any type of advice to begin with. I have both Eclipse and Netbeans, but I haven´t decide which to use.
Thnaks in advance, any answer will be appreciated.
- 01-09-2013, 05:30 PM #2
Re: New member, need some advices
You could go through this: The Really Big Index and learn about things that you don't know.
- 01-09-2013, 05:37 PM #3
- By Faith in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 04-09-2011, 10:55 AM
- By bubbless in forum New To JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 03-11-2009, 04:22 AM
- By PureAwesomeness in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 01-17-2009, 11:19 PM
- By winkodes in forum Java AppletsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-07-2008, 07:19 AM
- By Laura Warren in forum IntroductionsReplies: 9Last Post: 11-22-2008, 01:39 PM