Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 10-08-2012, 02:14 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
- Rep Power
Need to get jar file working for web-cam
Sorry if this isin't exactly a java programming question, but maybe someone here can help (I have no idea where else on the web I can get this question answered).
I've got an IP-web-cam that when I access it using firefox, it keeps insisting that I have a missing plug-in and when I click on the "install plugin" link, it wants me to install the java JRE version 1.7.something. I already have the 1.6.something installed and working, so I don't know why it thinks it needs to install the JRE.
I've come across this elsewhere on the web:
I troubleshot the Firefox installation and found an incompatibility with /library/internet plug-ins/javaplugincocoa.bundle. Once that plug-in was removed, the video stream worked under Firefox with the same ultracam applet. Also tested successfully with Opera v9.62.
This guy had the same camera, but found a way to get the streaming working on a mac (I'm on windows). I think the problem is with the file ultracam.jar. When I try to "install" it (by double-clicking on it) I get "Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute". When I unpack it and look at manifest.mf, I don't see "Main-Class". What I see is:
Created-By: 1.6.0_17 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
That's it. That's the complete contents of manifest.mf.
So what's the deal here? What do I need to do with this ultracam.jar and firefox so that I can get streaming video from this IP-webcam?
- 10-08-2012, 05:12 AM #2
- By kraster in forum New To JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 06-24-2012, 06:34 PM
- By sagarvasekar007 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-25-2012, 03:43 PM
- By choag in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 08-26-2011, 04:42 PM
- By shruts in forum Java AppletsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-28-2011, 08:50 PM
- By minime12358 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 08-06-2010, 09:41 AM