Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 06-29-2012, 07:34 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
- Rep Power
I have Java(TM) 6 Update 25 that will not uninstall on my computer, it gives "Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." I have went to java.sun.com web site, and down loaded other JDK's 1.6.0_10; 1.7.0_05;1.6.0_33, and jre7,those are all located under Program Files\Java, there also are Java folders located in Program Files (x86) and under Users. I am ultimately trying to write my first program for a class and I am unable to do so. When I go to the command prompt, I type in: cd C:\Program Files\Java and then type: dir I can see the .java file that I typed on notepad, but when I type javac MyFirstProgram.java it says “’javac’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.” I have went to properties under my computer and advanced settings, environment variables and added an additional path ….; C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_05\bin and tried to bypass it and save the .java in that folder and tried to run javac. I now get: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object…
I have tried down loading and deleting the Java files on my computer in case they were corrupt, I have tried to google everything, and I am not able to find what I am overlooking….Any suggestions???
Last edited by Coulterce; 06-29-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Re: Any Suggestions???
What does this have to do with programming in the Java programming language? Moved to forum lobby.
- By mario_tim in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 04-01-2011, 06:32 AM
- By temyong in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 12-30-2010, 04:10 AM
- By search4survival in forum New To JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 11-30-2010, 01:59 PM
- By tonino in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 09-26-2010, 08:17 PM
- By PureAwesomeness in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 01-19-2009, 08:34 AM