Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 04-08-2012, 07:18 AM #1Star Trek Voyager fangirl
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- The Bridge
- Rep Power
How to Install Java on Fedora 16 Mini Notebook w/o Administrative Privileges
Hello! I'm really new to all this. I'm 14 and eventually I want to become a Web designer, but for now I'm just too busy with homework to learn Java. However, I need to install it now for a program to work. Can someone with more experience kindly tell me how to install the latest version on a MSI mini notebook running Fedora 16, without having to use administrative privileges (I use my parents' account but don't know their password.) I would really appreciate a quick reply since my need for this Java-requiring program is rather urgent ;)
Thank you in advance!
Last edited by PrincessKiara; 04-08-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: adding a side note.
- 04-08-2012, 08:48 AM #2
Re: How to Install Java on Fedora 16 Mini Notebook w/o Administrative Privileges
I don't think Linux allows you to install anything without administrative privileges, so you'd better get your parents to do the install for you.
dbIf you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.
- 04-08-2012, 08:50 AM #3
- By Ehkx in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 01-11-2011, 11:38 PM
- By IYIaster in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2010, 09:03 PM
- By thalupularavi in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 7Last Post: 02-11-2010, 02:25 PM
- By rezasabery in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 02-10-2010, 01:51 AM
- By debz in forum New To JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 02-20-2009, 01:40 PM