Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-02-2011, 01:43 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
Handling long strings - Advice needed
Being an old fashioned programmer (retired 12 years ago) I am used to VB and string handling was not so complicated as its become for developing web sites. I run a independent developer community for the wall.fm and oxwall community software packages, mostly dealing with CSS. I have thrown myself at the wall so to speak and back at playing with code.
My problem is that I need to split some code in to to string segments and place a string in the center of the pile so to speak: First_string.... Last_String then an input String (A Url to a image file) so I have the following result.
Endproduct = FirstString + InputUrl + Last_string
The Endproduct needs to go into a text form (its an ebedded code to be used by a mermber of a community to copy and past as a background image in their profile page)
So far I have used StringBuffer and now sitting back thinking what next?
The two strings concerned and further information and my results can be found at this link.
I think this problem will invite interest to the most creative experienced Java guri's because of the source strings are complex and need special handling. I rather hope that's the case.
Your help will be much appreciated.
Best wishes for the year 2011
- By kagster in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 11-16-2010, 02:04 AM
- By madhav1351 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
- By mac in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-18-2010, 04:25 PM
- By dineshjf in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 18Last Post: 01-09-2009, 04:17 AM
- By Hatrabbit in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-2007, 05:38 PM