Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Drag out text editor pane
- 07-07-2008, 04:18 PM #1
Drag out text editor pane
I am using eclipse 3.4 and was wondering if there is any way I can drag out a text editor pane from the main window. I have two monitors and do a decent amount of porting, so looking at two editors at the same time helps immensely.
Right now I have the entire window expanded over two monitors. This seems a tad bit unnecessary.
- 07-08-2008, 09:54 AM #2
You can try out the following ways:
1. Open 2 eclipse instances mapped to different workspaces.
2. There is a plugin called "Split File Editor", chk the following link for details
Implement Split File Editor Functionality for the Eclipse IDE - Eclipsepedia
3. Go to Help of eclipse and give a search for Tiling Editors
I have used the 1st option and i am not sure of the rest two.
Anyways All the Best.To finish sooner, take your own time....
- 07-08-2008, 04:14 PM #3
Yeah I am currently using the third option, but I will explore the other two. I just wish eclipse had built-in support for dragging editors out of the workbench. I guess it was a design choice not to have this functionality.
- 07-21-2008, 05:19 PM #4
- By orl132 in forum SWT / JFaceReplies: 1Last Post: 07-05-2008, 12:57 PM
- By Java Tip in forum java.awtReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2008, 11:35 AM
- By smartsubroto in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 06-16-2008, 08:49 AM
- By bachtoutou in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 06-06-2008, 03:00 AM
- By mustahsan4u in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2008, 03:34 PM