Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 11-23-2011, 10:49 PM #1
Setting up Java apps as external build tools
I'm pretty confused about the whole process of setting up external build tools for Eclipse. I found this FAQ item but I'm not sure how the example given would apply to what I want to do.
The file I will be editing is a XML file with a .kflex extension. It is the input for a program called KFlex. KFlex generates a number of Java source files, along with another text file which is the input for a program called JFlex. JFlex generates additional Java sources. Finally, I want all the Java source to be built.
If it makes a difference, KFlex and JFlex are both Java programs themselves. I'm wondering if there's a way to make builds more efficient by running them in Eclipse's JVM instead of starting another JVM.Get in the habit of using standard Java naming conventions!
- By silverglade in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 04-25-2011, 02:27 AM
- By j2me64 in forum Forum LobbyReplies: 1Last Post: 04-08-2010, 11:32 AM
- By alex100 in forum NetworkingReplies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2010, 12:55 AM
- By JL4 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
- By email@example.com in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 07-23-2007, 06:54 PM