Java and Eclipse for Total Beginners
I am currently following the Java and Eclipse for Total Beginners tutorial. It is very useful as I am understanding bits and pieces of the Java language. However I have hit strange problem :(
In chapter 3 he domenstrates how to inspect a scrapbook page, when I try to inspect I get a weird message wanting me to change the perspective instead of showing the inspection box. My code is exactly the same and I have linked the scrapbook to the package.
If anyone knows how to help please let me know.
These details may help:
1. I am using Mac and the latest version of Eclipse
2. My code is identical (except the comments)
3. When I try to inspect it changes perspective instead of displaying the inspection box
4. It highlights the "private string name;" in green
5. I have attached screenshots of my scrapbook, the error message and the change in perspective
Re: Java and Eclipse for Total Beginners
I have just started the tutorials with the latest release of Eclipse, and I am getting an error after changing the scrapbook environment from JavaSE-1.7 to JavaSE-1.6.
Override cannot be resolved to a type
Throwable cannot be resolved to a type
Code snippet support cannot find the class java.lang.Class
The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
The type java.lang.Throwable cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
The type java.lang.Class cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files