Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Installing an existing plugin
- 07-09-2011, 02:05 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Rep Power
Installing an existing plugin
I am working on extending the default Eclipse XML Editor adding some features to org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui plug-in.
When I run it from Eclipse using "Run as Eclipse Application" it works fine and I have all features I have implemented.
So I tried to install it putting the exported JAR file in the "dropins" folder.
Plug-in name is: org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui_v2.0.0XYZ where XYZ is the plug-in qualifier; the default plug-in name is org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui_v1.2.2XYZ.
I read that if Eclipse finds two plug-ins having the same name it should load the newer one but in my case it always loads the default one...why?
- By olzibambolzi in forum EclipseReplies: 4Last Post: 12-21-2010, 04:26 PM
- By xiajun_80 in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 12-16-2010, 11:14 AM
- By raahul456 in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 09-03-2009, 11:50 AM
- By vinnieza in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 05-04-2008, 07:11 PM
- By JavaForums in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2007, 12:28 PM