Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-31-2011, 03:11 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
Eclipse starts a javaw with high memory usage
Windows 7 x64
Dell Inspiron 1545
Version: Helios Service Release 1
Build id: 20100917-0705
I've tried doing a search on this (google and here), but did not find anything that could help...
As soon as I start Eclipse, it apparently starts a single javaw.exe process... Emphasis on the 'as soon as I start', which means this particular javaw.exe isn't associated with any of my own java programs.
This javaw.exe process takes up 0 CPU, but it's working memory usage stays around 270 000 K... Is this normal? When I do run my programs, new javaw.exe processes are created for each instance, and they terminate when the program terminates (so they behave normally), and those take up what I believe to be normal memory usage (way under 100 000 K)...
Also, the javaw.exe that starts with Eclipse is located in my System32 folder, whereas the javaw.exe`s that start with my programs are located in my ...\Java\jre6\bin\ folder
If I kill the javaw.exe and then try and switch back to Eclipse, it gives me a very long message, starting with "Java was started, but returned exit code=1" and then closes.
- By Moon_E in forum New To JavaReplies: 20Last Post: 07-09-2010, 11:53 PM
- By jon80 in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2009, 07:56 AM
- By arnab321 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
- By lardum in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 06-26-2008, 04:30 AM
- By Jimmy Zhang in forum XMLReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2008, 10:49 PM