Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-12-2011, 09:07 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
Convert project from JRE1.6 to 1.5
I am relatively new to Java programming and am getting used to using Eclipse.
I created a project using JRE 1.6 and works successfully. I have both 1.5 and 1.6 JRE and JDK installed on the pc.
Now, I created a new workspace, specified that the Installed JRE's should be 1.5 via the preferences. Copied the previous project into the new workspace and attempted to run as a java application. It gives me the error "Could not find the main class. Program will exit."
I know this is similar to others with this same error but not caused by the same problem of changing JRE versions.
If I change the preferences/installed JRE back to 1.6, it works fine.
How do I get this to run with JRE 1.5? My issue is that different users have either 1.5 or 1.6.
(I also heard that if a java program is compiled with 1.5, it will work on a pc with 1.6. Is this true?)
- By syedabu in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
- By Md Saim in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 3Last Post: 10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 11-16-2007, 09:06 PM
- By guruprasad kulkarni in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2007, 01:00 PM