Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: A tab in an eclipse RCP program
- 05-20-2010, 03:56 PM #1
[SOLVED] A tab in an eclipse RCP program
I need to open up a new tab in an existing eclipse RCP program, it appears to me I will have to write a new plug-in for the RCP program. I am wondering if I am not seeing things right as it seams a bit extream to have to write a full fleged plug-in just to display a tab to display some data.
1) do I need to write a new plug-in just to display a new tab in my program
2) if I am wrong, can some one point me to what I failed to find via google
3) any thing else you can suggest.
Just wanted to update incase some one comes accross this in a google link (I have come accross many questions like this in google with no ansers while searching so I am going to post what I found here for those that might find this via google)
The anser is sortof, for me I did not need to write a new plug-in, I was able to leach onto another plug-in we had in our RCP program, just added the view into the plug-in.xml, code up the view (was alot easier then I thought it would be) then call the view when the menu item was selected (add the view to the perspective in reality)
Last edited by Drun; 06-02-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: UpdateMichael P. O'Connor
- By livnihai in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2009, 02:47 PM
- By carlodelmundo in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 01-26-2009, 04:25 PM
- By Java Tip in forum java.ioReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
- By JavaBean in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
- By Unni in forum EclipseReplies: 3Last Post: 08-09-2007, 11:07 PM