Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 05-19-2010, 12:37 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2010
- France, Paris
- Rep Power
Which Eclipse should I use (mac user)?
I had a new mac (macbook pro 13.3")lately, and I want to install Eclipse to begin learning Java. Everything seemed perfect, until I google Eclipse, go to eclipse.org, and then I realised that there are tons of versions...
I am knew to both mac and Java, and I don't know which Eclipse should I use.
- 05-21-2010, 02:46 AM #2
If you plan to do mostly java work, I would recommend to just get the
"Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers"
(the one for your Mac OS)
This one is the basic Eclipse IDE product with a couple of the useful plugins pre-loaded into it, that are useful for java and java web application development. You can always get more than you know what to do with and not use it. I usually find it convenient to as I am learning more about using one of these eclipse development automation tools to just discover something I need is already installed. Its less mussing around than having to go get a plugin as you realize you might need it.
- By Alvaro in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 01-16-2010, 12:02 AM
- By dedachi in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 03-23-2009, 05:47 AM
- By Java Tip in forum java.langReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2008, 03:43 PM
- By TKI5 in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 12-13-2007, 02:13 AM
- By JavaBean in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2007, 10:35 PM