Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 08-14-2009, 09:20 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Rep Power
Debugging app using J2EE Preview Server?
I would like to debug a simple web app using the J2EE Preview Web Server.
I have run into problems (see previous post).
Is there a normal sequence of doing this?
I expected to do the following:
- Modify my app
- Selecting the project, use "Run As->Run on Server"
- ...have the project automatically deployed to the server when I select the preview server.
- have the welcome page appear in a browser tab (preferably the same tab it appeared in the last time through this cycle
- Do my test
- Go back to the first step
Instead, there are two problems:
- It doesn't redeploy my java classes (even though it does redeploy the welcome page). These are classes called by the welcome page (index.jsp).
- It opens the welcome page in a new tab.
If I stop and delete the server (server's view), and then do my sequence above, it works (although it still opens in a new tab).
Thanks in advance
Last edited by mesocyclone; 08-14-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: add info
- By daro in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2009, 05:02 PM
- By email@example.com in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 07-04-2009, 10:29 PM
- By shallz in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 2Last Post: 03-21-2009, 10:37 AM
- By Java Tip in forum java.awtReplies: 0Last Post: 06-22-2008, 11:04 PM