Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Eclipse + Tomca5.5 problem
- 03-29-2009, 04:40 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
- Rep Power
Eclipse + Tomca5.5 problem
I'm following a tutorial which can be found on youtube and it's called:
Web applications with Java - Tutorial 01 Part 02 - Basic Servlet
I'm getting an error when trying to start Tomcat :
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.<clinit> (Bootstrap.java:54)
Tomcat starts fine if started from command line on the server: /etc/init.d/tomcat5 start which makes me think that this is en eclipse problem.
I've found /usr/share/java/commons-logging.jar which contains:
I've added this library to my project by going to libraries >> Apache
Tomcatv5.5 >> Build Path >> Configure Build Path >> Add jars .
Unfortunately eclipse still complains about LogFactory class.:mad:
What am I missing here ?
- By sengupta_piyal06 in forum EclipseReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2008, 05:29 PM
- By Crisanto in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 10-29-2008, 06:48 PM
- By java_neophyte in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2008, 11:49 AM
- By Paro in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2008, 12:36 PM
- By sandor in forum EclipseReplies: 2Last Post: 05-10-2007, 03:26 PM