Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 10-31-2008, 07:07 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Rep Power
Unable to connect to MySQL on another (unix) host from Eclipse on my windows host
I have Eclipse 3.4 on my Windows host. I have also installed Tomcat 6 and mysql-connector-java-5.1.7.jar on this host. I am trying to connect to MySQL (3.23.52) on a HP-UX box. I have access to the database as root on the unix host and as a user from this remote windows host.
I created the appropriate context.xml and also created a jsp file to query the database.
When I try to run, I am always ending up with an error as below.
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver"
I can provide other details regarding my setup if any of you care to reply me with some advise based on your prior experience. I spent quite bit of time but unable to resolve it. Any advise will be very much appreciated. If you prfer you can also email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Java Tip in forum java.netReplies: 0Last Post: 04-07-2008, 08:11 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 03-10-2008, 02:56 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 02-15-2008, 08:41 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2007, 04:34 PM
- By bbq in forum JDBCReplies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2007, 07:48 PM