Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    georgemc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eranga View Post
    I think it's better to comment on this more, because as you said several times OP can be misguided from my comments.

    What I have to say is, using native language it's possible to write plugins. I said that I'm not an Eclipse user and I've no idea about that. But I've already using my own pulgins in NetBeans develop using C++, and it's working fine. That's all I have to say.
    I have to ask then, why are you advising people about something you don't know anything about??

    OP, as someone who has written commercial Eclipse plugins professionally, I advise you to ignore any advice regarding using native code.

  2. #22
    Eranga's Avatar
    Eranga is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    11,372
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgemc View Post
    I have to ask then, why are you advising people about something you don't know anything about??

    Hey lol, I just say that using native language also you can do that. Because I know it's possible since I've already done it. I clearly say that if Eclipse allow that it's fine, but I don't know because I'm not an Eclipse user. I clearly say that the best things is get familiar with Eclipse and search about it more. Yes, I don't know anything about the Eclipse. Again, that's why I say to get familiar with the Eclipse first of all. I think you are completely misunderstand me.

    I don't think it's bad idea to having an idea about all possibilities when we are dealing on a project. I mean it's not bad idea to check that use of native language here. I said what I know, and what I have done on another IDE. I celery say that. But what you have done is stick with the Eclipse and criticize my replays. Seems to me you don't know anything about the combination of NetBeans ans native language.

  3. #23
    janpol1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi! I didn't want to start a fight :p. But don't worry, i think i know were to start. I`m going to get familiarized with Eclipse RCP, I've already downloaded it and i have now several tutorials and a book. Thanks a lot for your help (both of you ;)) I`ll keep posting to let you know how it went

  4. #24
    Eranga's Avatar
    Eranga is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    11,372
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Not at all lol. What we are doing is arguing on each others comments. I think it's really good. Actually I don't want to make anger on anyone here, all are my friends. :)

    If I'm advice you in wrong way, I'm really sorry. But What I'm explain is what I know. So as georgemc. Best of luck. :)

  5. #25
    georgemc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eranga View Post

    Hey lol, I just say that using native language also you can do that. Because I know it's possible since I've already done it.


    No, you can't. And, no, you haven't. Let me remind you that a plugin for NetBeans is not a plugin for Eclipse.


    I clearly say that if Eclipse allow that it's fine, but I don't know because I'm not an Eclipse user.
    Then kindly stop advising people on Eclipse. You're causing unnecessary confusion about the question, repeatedly, and are refusing to stop

    I clearly say that the best things is get familiar with Eclipse and search about it more. Yes, I don't know anything about the Eclipse. Again, that's why I say to get familiar with the Eclipse first of all. I think you are completely misunderstand me.
    Not at all. You misunderstand the question, completely. You also don't seem to understand that the word "plugin" isn't strictly defined.

    I don't think it's bad idea to having an idea about all possibilities when we are dealing on a project. I mean it's not bad idea to check that use of native language here.
    Yes it is. It's pretty clear you don't have a clue what you're talking about, but have spent several days insisting that what you say should be listened to anyway. Quite why you think that's the case is beyond me.

    I said what I know, and what I have done on another IDE. I celery say that. But what you have done is stick with the Eclipse and criticize my replays. Seems to me you don't know anything about the combination of NetBeans ans native language.
    Of course I'm criticising your replies, they're fully, 100% wrong and confusing to anybody who's trying to get an answer to this question. Of course I don't have any idea about NetBeans and native code. And who cares? The question isn't about NetBeans! I think you're just refusing to admit you might have got it wrong here.

  6. #26
    georgemc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eranga View Post
    Not at all lol. What we are doing is arguing on each others comments. I think it's really good. Actually I don't want to make anger on anyone here, all are my friends. :)

    If I'm advice you in wrong way, I'm really sorry. But What I'm explain is what I know. So as georgemc. Best of luck. :)
    I don't think it's good. I think it's highly rude of you to continually counter my good, solid advice with some half-hearted nonsense about some other topic, in a way that basically deliberately misleads the OP. There's no use apologising for giving wrong advice, when you've been asked repeatedly to stop doing it by someone who knows what they're talking about, and you've refused to.

    I know you're a moderator, but I'm reporting abuse on this thread - you're being highly counter-productive here

  7. #27
    georgemc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janpol1 View Post
    Hi! I didn't want to start a fight :p. But don't worry, i think i know were to start. I`m going to get familiarized with Eclipse RCP, I've already downloaded it and i have now several tutorials and a book. Thanks a lot for your help (both of you ;)) I`ll keep posting to let you know how it went
    Lots of luck! Please realise, though, that Eranga is talking about something completely different, that just happens to sound similar to what you're doing. I strongly urge you to ignore their advice. Native code has no place in what you're doing.

  8. #28
    georgemc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    To Eranga: You'll notice I never advise people on the NetBeans forums. Why? Because I don't know anything about NetBeans, and it can be dangerous for the inexperienced to see poor advice given in an authoritative manner. The fact that you are a moderator, lends you some authority here, and it's highly possible that someone will take your advice over that of a normal member with only a few posts under their belt.

    I honestly don't mean any offence, or wish to cause a flamewar, but I think you're abusing your moderator status here to have your say, in an inappropriate manner. I hope you don't find this insulting, I just don't want the OP - or anyone else looking for an answer to this question - to be left in any doubt about the answers

  9. #29
    janpol1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgemc View Post
    Lots of luck! Please realise, though, that Eranga is talking about something completely different, that just happens to sound similar to what you're doing. I strongly urge you to ignore their advice. Native code has no place in what you're doing.
    Don't worry, i'm not going to use native languaje, i'm reading all i can about writing eclipse plugins :) (except this week because i have exams :p)
    Last edited by janpol1; 10-27-2008 at 07:24 PM.

  10. #30
    Eranga's Avatar
    Eranga is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    11,372
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgemc View Post
    To Eranga: You'll notice I never advise people on the NetBeans forums. Why? Because I don't know anything about NetBeans, and it can be dangerous for the inexperienced to see poor advice given in an authoritative manner. The fact that you are a moderator, lends you some authority here, and it's highly possible that someone will take your advice over that of a normal member with only a few posts under their belt.

    I honestly don't mean any offence, or wish to cause a flamewar, but I think you're abusing your moderator status here to have your say, in an inappropriate manner. I hope you don't find this insulting, I just don't want the OP - or anyone else looking for an answer to this question - to be left in any doubt about the answers
    Thanks for your comments.

  11. #31
    georgemc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eranga View Post
    Thanks for your comments.
    Thankyou, too. I hope you weren't offended by them, that wasn't my intent!

  12. #32
    Eranga's Avatar
    Eranga is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    11,372
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 10:29 AM
  2. Javadocs in Plugin development
    By sudeep in forum Eclipse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 09:42 PM
  3. On demand Agile Development
    By ivank2139 in forum Java Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 04:00 AM
  4. Chemistry Development Kit 1.0.1
    By JavaBean in forum Java Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 09:37 PM
  5. AnyEdit Plugin For Eclipse Plugin
    By JavaForums in forum Eclipse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •