Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Javadocs in Plugin development
- 08-11-2008, 09:42 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- Rep Power
Javadocs in Plugin development
I am a novice plugin developer. I want to infer the Javadoc comments for a method invocation in my active editor (Something similar to the tootip text you see in the eclipse editor).
I have parsed the code in the active editor using Eclipse's ASTParser. I have also collected the relevant method invocation in the MethodInvocation node of the AST created by parser. How can I infer the Javadoc comments for the same node?
A bit of exploring of the API suggests that the Javadoc comment can be obtained from the MethodDeclaration instance for the exact same method. Does anyone know how to obtain MethodDeclaration from MethodInvocation? Is there any other way of finding Javadoc from MethodInvocation?
Last edited by sudeep; 08-11-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Typo!
- By mew in forum EclipseReplies: 1Last Post: 10-02-2009, 10:29 AM
- By orchid in forum EclipseReplies: 3Last Post: 04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
- By Asguarde in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 03-15-2008, 04:13 AM
- By javaplus in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 11-26-2007, 06:17 PM