Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: KNI for CLDC
- 06-16-2008, 09:18 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- Rep Power
KNI for CLDC
I am new to J2ME, so I would like to get some help from you guys. I am developing an application which needs to call some C functions. Normally I would use JNI, but apparently for CLDC cellphones only KNI is available. I am willing to learn more about all this, but I just want to make sure that I'm moving in the right direction:
- Can someone confirm for me that using KNI allows my Java code to call C functions even if the CLDC cellphone doesn't support C? That sounds not possible, but KNI claims that it works on CLDC cellphones (which typically only support Java if I'm not mistaken).
- Normally if I use JNI, I would create .dll (Windows) or .so library files (Linux). So what is the format for a CLDC C library file?
- Where can I learn more about this?
- 06-20-2008, 11:11 PM #2
CLDC is by definition very small footprint api. I would think ME may be compiled against Java Native Interface ( JNI - which may be what KNI ) but I wanted to note that the one cellphone programming API I have been able ( time ) to dig in to wanted one to program esclusively in Java because the system engineers could trap at that layer.
The normal way of doing GUI code was not even supported, you just write the action and the system figures it out and calls into the next statement without doing the action performed / action event that drives code with a system generated thread.
This may not be much help, but that is what I saw.
- By sina in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 3Last Post: 12-12-2008, 12:12 PM