Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 09-22-2009, 12:30 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
- Rep Power
custom midlet-servlet chat app problem
Hi, sorry for my bad english. :)
I have a big problem with developing chat application, so I really hope you can help me out.
I created a chat midlet application and java server, who works on my home computer with 24/7 adsl network connection. This works fine. Connection between midlet and servlet is via sockets (Socket - ServerSocket).
My problem is that I want to upload my server to some java hosting free provider and use it without my local computer.
I modified my server into servlet, and that works just fine in Netbeans Tomcat java server. But when I upload it on free server eatj.com it wont work. I figure it out that the problem is in sockets, and online server don't allow it.
I run out of ideas how to make it work.:confused:
I could change my app to work with servlet get post methods, but I don't know how.
Thanks for any reply..
- By nfitte in forum NetworkingReplies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2009, 09:08 AM
- By sharmaj2me in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 1Last Post: 12-05-2008, 03:52 PM
- By Poonam in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 5Last Post: 11-17-2008, 09:14 AM
- By adarsh_2484 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-29-2008, 04:09 PM
- By ravian in forum Java ServletReplies: 1Last Post: 12-06-2007, 12:48 PM