SOAP - Envelope Element
by, 07-07-2012 at 08:40 PM (2908 Views)
The end and the start of the message are indicated by SOAP envelope. The receiver will be informed of the complete message arrival. When a message is received and processed, it will be informed by the SOAP envelope. So it solved the major problem of informing message processing. So in other words we can say that is a packaging method.
Following points will explain it in more detail:
- A root element is the base of SOAP envelop message and it is contained by all the messages.
- Only single Body element must be part of the Envelope element.
- Every SOAP message must contain the Envelope element.
- There should be only one Header element in the Envelope and it should be before the body part of Envelope as a first child.
- If the SOAP version is changed, the envelope must change.
- The “ENV” namespace is used to specify namespace for SOAP envelope.
- The “Envelopeelement” is used to specify the SOAP envelope.
- The “optionalencodingStyle” element and namespace name are used to declare SOAP encoding.
- The v1.1 and v1.2 messages are not compatible with each other and it will generate a fault on message.