High-level thread states
by, 01-08-2012 at 12:16 PM (4746 Views)
Following diagrams display different thread states.
• Runnable: Thread in this state is waiting for its turn to start execution.
• Running: Thread is executing and performing its functionality.
• Waiting: Thread is in blocked state and waiting for some operation to finish.
• Sleeping: Thread is suspended forcefully.
• Blocked on I/O: Thread will start execution after completion of I/O
• Blocked on synchronization: Thread will move to Runnable when a lock is acquired.
• Dead: Thread has completed working.