Folowing points explain the key differences between these 2 frameworks.
• Struts framework is matured and evolved over the years.
• JSF is immature as compare to Struts.
• Struts is based on a controller which uses Front Controller design pattern. Also it has only one event handler for a HTTP request.
• JSF is based on Page Controller design pattern and front controller Servlet handles all requests.
• Struts does not support RAD.
• Struts supports
Recently, Java Server Faces has gained lot of popularity for building web applications in java. Following are the core features of java server faces.
• It supports rapid application development with help of its core components like buttons, text fields, tree, tables etc. Programmer can build their applications using these components.
• It has a support for JSP tags to access its interface components as explained in above step. Also it supports custom components.
It has been a problem with open source or community based developments that they provide more options than standards. When we look for java, standard/enterprise java and its development have always remain with standard, but while looking for some web framework in java, we get several names. From MVC based frameworks like Struts, JSF to specialized frameworks like Tapestry, Spring etc. Frameworks with similar and overlapping features making it difficult for a person to choose the best fit. When there