JSF vs Frameworks
Architecture of JSF Framework
Framework of the JavaServer Faces is created at the MVC designed patterns. Basic advantage to use the MVS is to make separation b/w view tier and Model tier so that it could be made possible to do the extensions of the capabilities and also to do integration with some other frameworks, without any disturbance.
Faces Servlet handles the communication that takes place b/w view tier and model.
JSF is considered to be the application framework which creates the user interface. If you know about struts and swing then consider the JavaServer Faces to be the two framwork’s combination. Just like Struts, web app lifecycle management would be provided by JSF via controller servlet. And just like Swing, a rich “component model” is provided by the JSF along with component rendering and event handling.
Web application development is eased by JSF because: Allows
Folowing points explain the key differences between these 2 frameworks.
• Struts framework is matured and evolved over the years.
• JSF is immature as compare to Struts.
• Struts is based on a controller which uses Front Controller design pattern. Also it has only one event handler for a HTTP request.
• JSF is based on Page Controller design pattern and front controller Servlet handles all requests.
• Struts does not support RAD.
• Struts supports