JSF vs Struts Framework
by, 01-02-2012 at 07:45 PM (2107 Views)
Folowing points explain the key differences between these 2 frameworks.
• Struts framework is matured and evolved over the years.
• JSF is immature as compare to Struts.
• Struts is based on a controller which uses Front Controller design pattern. Also it has only one event handler for a HTTP request.
• JSF is based on Page Controller design pattern and front controller Servlet handles all requests.
• Struts does not support RAD.
• Struts supports all page navigation using struts-config.xml
• JSF supports all navigation using faces-config.xml