What is Java Server Faces(JSF) framework?
by, 07-07-2012 at 05:48 PM (467 Views)
JSF is considered to be the application framework which creates the user interface. If you know about struts and swing then consider the JavaServer Faces to be the two framwork’s combination. Just like Struts, web app lifecycle management would be provided by JSF via controller servlet. And just like Swing, a rich “component model” is provided by the JSF along with component rendering and event handling.
Web application development is eased by JSF because:
- Allows you to make the user interfaces by the help of set of reusable and standard server side components.
- JSP tag set is provided to makes those components accessible.
- State information is saved transparently and forms are repopulated when re-displayed.
- Framework is provided to implement the custom components.
- Allows the tools vendor to create the IDEs for the standardized framework of web application.