What does jBPM do?
by, 04-27-2012 at 05:43 PM (518 Views)
A business process allows you to model your business goals by describing the steps that need to be executed to achieve that goal and the order, using a flow chart. This greatly improves the visibility and agility of your business logic, results in higher-level and domain-specific representations that can be understood by business users and is easier to monitor.
The core of jBPM is a light-weight, extensible workflow engine written in pure Java that allows you to execute business processes using the latest BPMN 2.0 specification. It can run in any Java environment, embedded in your application or as a service.
On top of the core engine, a lot of features and tools are offered to support business processes throughout their entire life cycle:
• Eclipse-based and web-based editor to support the graphical creation of your business processes (drag & drop)
• Pluggable persistence and transactions based on JPA / JTA
• Pluggable human task service based on WS-HumanTask for including tasks that need to be performed by human actors
• Management console supporting process instance management, task lists and task form management, and reporting
• Optional process repository to deploy your process (and other related knowledge)
• History logging (for querying / monitoring / analysis)
• Integration with Seam, Spring, OSGi, etc.