IDL Plugin for Eclipse
by, 11-19-2011 at 07:06 PM (6318 Views)
Developers working on CORBA often complains that writing IDL takes time. If you are new to it, you are bound to make a lot of mistakes. You need something to assist you in writing IDL. Fortunately, Eclipse has a plugin for this.
Eclipse CORBA plugin can be downloaded from:
You need Eclipse 3.2 or higher to use this plugin.
Worth mentioning features include:
* IDL (Interface Definition Language) file editor with syntax coloring.
* Customizable syntax coloring
* Eclipse automatic installation site
* Tool for running external IDL compilers
* Outline view for the IDL editor
* Auto completion for editing IDL types New
* JDT-esqe folding and quick fixes
* Interpretation of IOR content
* Naming Service integration
* Interface Repository integration
Try it and make IDL definition easier.