Create SQL File in Eclipse
by, 05-21-2011 at 11:03 PM (5167 Views)
SQL files can be created manually in any existing eclipse project. It's simple and useful. I'll list the required steps.
- Open Database Development perspective
- Select File > New > Other, expand SQL Development, select SQL File, and click Next
- This will open the New SQL File wizard.
- To create a new project, click "Create Project" and follow the wizard instructions. Now provide the SQL file name.
- Select a connection profile type from the Connection profile type drop-down list.
- Associate the SQL file with a connection profile, select from the Connection profile name drop-down list.
- Narrow your database selection in the Database Name field.
- Click Finish.
Now you can see a SQL file is created. Right-click in the SQL Editor and select Visual SQL to enter SQL statements. Use Content Assist to edit the SQL statement. Right-click in the SQL Editor and select Save File.