by, 11-06-2011 at 06:47 PM (504 Views)
JBoss used to have JBoss.NET package for web services. Now, there exists JBossWS module which is responsible for providing web services in JBoss 4.0.
It is based on Apache Axis like JBoss.NET but the difference is that JBossWS provides the complete set of J2EE 1.4 web services technologies like SOAP, SAAJ, JAX-RPC and JAXR. The J2EE web services support exposing EJBs as web services, but only stateless session beans can be used.
JBossWS is a JAX-WS compliant web service stack which simplifies programming model and functional enhancements. It is designed to take the place of previous JAX-RPC web service implementations.
Worth mentioning features as given below:
* Full JAX-RPC and JAX-WS compliance
* Certified for J2EE 1.4 and EE 5
* EJB 2.1, EJB3 and JSE endpoints
* Attachments Profile Version 1.0
* Support for MTOM/XOP and SwA-Ref
* WS-Security 1.0 for XML Encryption/Signature of the SOAP message
* WS-Addressing (W3C candidate release) and JSR-261