by, 10-30-2011 at 06:05 PM (714 Views)
Eclipse provides content assist that really can save lot of development time. For instance putting try catch blocks where needed, for loop to iterate over an array/list etc.
Key stokes required: Ctrl-Space
Here is a list of useful things that can be done using content assistant:
- Code completion, name completion, etc.
- Does lots of useful completions in different contexts. Try it!
- When the cursor is among the methods of a class declaration, this pops up a list of parent methods that can be overridden.
- After an open paren of a method call, this pops up the parameter list.
- When on an unrecognized class name, this suggests import statements to add, based on the available classes and JAR files.
Hope this helps.