AWT vs. Swing
by, 01-08-2012 at 01:23 PM (1770 Views)
Swing contains a rich set of components as compared to AWT. They are purely build in Java and has following benefits as compared to AWT.
• Swing contains extra components like JTree, JTable etc.
• They can change skin based on current look and feel.
• They follow the MVC design pattern and are more flexible.
• Swing provided light weight components.
• Swing provides double buffering.
• Swing provides paint debugging.
Swing has following disadvantages as well.
• You need to take care while writing code. It can slow your performance.
• Sometime native components do not behave like native components.