by, 04-26-2012 at 09:49 PM (450 Views)
What could be done in case there are too wider JTables present?
- They could be placed in JScrollPane so complete table gets scrolled.
- Columnís width could be changed by the user so that the date could be squeezed into the space present, which would widen column, as per requirements.
- Shortcuts could be given to the users for configuration of width constellations of the multiple columns.
- If 2 or 3 rows are attempted to be used per data item, it gets awkward. A perfect grid would be needed. Cells that occupy space more than 1 column could not be used as it could be done in a spreadsheet or html table. Identical data type or formats are the base for rendering, in every columnís cell.
- A row can be deleted by having an icon at every row for clicking, or a row can be selected to right click the delete, off a menu. If immutable contents of cell is present, then delete keys may be allowed on any cell.