Java Swing Design Goals
by, 04-26-2012 at 07:34 PM (814 Views)
Swing project has following goal:
To build a set of extensible GUI components to enable developers to more rapidly develop powerful Java front ends for commercial applications.
Design goals were established by the Swing team earlier in project, which resulted into architecture. Guidelines are:
- In java, easy maintenance and class platform consistency could be promoted by being implemented.
- Single API shall be provided which is able to support various look & feel. This will avoid end users or developers to get locked in one look & feel.
- Model driven programming shall be empowered, without needing in APIs highest level.
- Stick with JavaBeans design principles to make it sure that components will be behaving quite well, in builder tools or IDEs.
- Compatibility shall be provided with AWT APIs, where overlapping is present to ease porting and to leverage the knowledge base of AWT.