Introduction to Java Mail API
by, 04-25-2012 at 09:39 PM (1098 Views)
Java Mail API provides an opportunity to the developers to do the additional functionalities of email, to the java app. This section details the introduction of the Java Mail API.
A platform independent sort of framework is provided by the Java Mail API so that messaging & mail applications could be developed in Java technologies. This is protocol independent which makes it much more beneficial. Various protocols could be used to work with messages and mails.
Java Mail API provides functionality like compose, read and sending within Java programs.
- Email could be sent from java application type.
- Reading, composing & sending electronic e-mails.
- Emails could be sent from java’s stored procedures.
- Creation of a GUI mail client.
- Attachments along with Email.
- Searching messages