by, 03-10-2012 at 08:33 AM (751 Views)
Various implementations are there for JDBC that are used by same application. Mechanism is provided by API:
- Dynamically correct Java packages are loaded
- Registration with the JDBC Driver Manager
JDBC driver manager, being a connection factory is used for creation of JDBC connections.
Following is supported by JDBC connections:
- Creating statements
- Update statements
- Executing statements
- Stored procedure is invoked by using the JDBC Connection.
Following classes are supported by JDCS to present statements.
- Statement: Each time, statement is being sent to the server of database.
- PreparedStatement: Statements execution is supported by caching statements. Also, by execution path pre determination on server is supported.
- CallableStatement: Stored procedure execution is done by them.