Advantages/Disadvantages of EJB
by, 01-02-2012 at 06:43 PM (5663 Views)
- To access EJB free security is provided.
- Declarative transactions are provided.
- EJBs are cached & pooled. Containers manage the EJB life cycles.
- Remote access capabilities are present & are clustered for sake of scalability.
- OO concepts are supported for example inheritance.
- Usage of attributes or annotation based programming is possible.
- Free usage & access of complex resources
- Complicated and large specification
- Increased time of development
- Complexities are added in comparison with straight Java classes
- Potential to create a more essential, costly & complex solution
- Continual revisions of the specifications
- Lots of resources are used & have also lots of artifacts.
- Requires understanding of certain intricacies. For example, granularity and rolling back a transaction, infrastructures like business delegates, value objects, session facades & strategies like dirty marker and lazy loading etc.