Eclipse General Usage Tips
by, 02-11-2012 at 03:54 PM (782 Views)
In this section, we will discuss some generic useful tips.
- Double click to maximize window: You can maximize or restore a panel by double clicking its header.
- Shorthand Templates: Shorthand typing is supported in Eclipse. Type the first few characters of any command and press ctrl+space and it will show you the related complete commands. It helps you in finding useful commands, help and speed up your development.
- Intelli-Sense: Press ctrl-space to activate the intelli-sense. It will support you different typing choices.
- Source Formatting: Press ctlr+shift+f to format you source code or you can right click your source, select source->format.
- Source Toggle Comment: Select a few lines of code which you want to comment or uncomment and press ctrl-/ and it will comment or uncomment the code.
- Correcting Syntax Error: Syntax errors in the code are highlighted in red. You can click the light bulb to show error and it will also display few hints to correct the errors.
- Refactor/Rename (alt-shift-r): Select and press alt-shift-r to refactor or rename an entity. Also you can perform this action by right clicking the entity.
- Error Message Hyperlink: Errors are shown with a hyperlink. You can click on this link to see the related line of code.
- Comparing Files: Select two files which you want to compare in the package explorer and right click -> compare.