Advantages of the Drools rule engine
by, 03-04-2012 at 09:48 AM (4552 Views)
Drools rule engine offers these advantages.
- It separates conditions and applications
- They are present in separated files
- Different people groups can modify them
- After changing a rule, recompilation is not needed. Redeployment is also not needed in the whole application.
- To control an application’s flow, put rules at one place
- All the complexed statements can be replaced by rules in an easier or understandable way
- Rule language is not tough to be learnt.
- An “Eclipse plug in” makes it an easy task to write down the rules and also makes it possible to look at the RETE tree.
- Complicated problems are solved by using rules that doesn’t solve the complex algorithms. Rules are easily understandable in comparison to code.
- Focus is at what, not how, in case of declarative programming.
- Rules easily solve group of problems