Why should I use Apache POI?
by, 02-24-2012 at 07:40 PM (1407 Views)
Clients of Apache POI API are index builders, content management system, web spiders and many other text extraction applications. Apache POI is used by these applications excessively so that to do the manipulation of their operations.
Question arises that why one shall use POIFS, XSSF and HSSF?
Answers to these questions are as following.
- You can use POIFS in case your documents have been written in format OLE2. It makes you read the documents that have been written by the help of MFC, in Java.
- OLE 2 compound document formats can be written by the help of POIFS.
- Interoperation can be done with the window’s platform by POIFS.
- The HSSF lets you write & read an Excel file, by the help of Java. Java Programmers consider it to be the best solution present.
- Read & write OOXML Excel files by XSSF, using Java.
- The combined SS interface lets you read & write Excel files, using Java.