Apache Commons Collections
by, 02-24-2012 at 07:54 PM (613 Views)
Java Commons Collections Framework accelerates the Java applications development, being an empowered data structure. For collection handling, it has now taken a position of standard in Java.
Java Collections provides implementations, new interfaces & utilities. They are built at JDK classes top. List of features of Java Collections is as following:
- Bag interface consist of various copies for each object.
- MapIterator is for iteration, on a Map.
- Interface BidiMap is for maps. Key value pairs are mapped by it.
- Buffer interface consist of removal order like a FIFO.
- Type-checking decorators are given to limit & ensure the instances.
- Supports a composite collection.
- Provides ordered maps as well as sets.
- Identity map is new collection’s part.
- Iterator implementations & different comparator are provided.
- Adapter classes.
- Transforming decorators are being provided for altering the objects present in the collection.