Exploring the Different Types of Android Dialogs
by, 02-11-2012 at 01:04 PM (4879 Views)
Android SDK contains different types of Dialogs. These dialogs include following:
• Dialog: Base class for all dialogs as shown in figure. It is usually used to inform user and is the simplest form of a dialog.
• AlertDialog: This dialog contains a number of buttons as shown in figure. It is used to get user confirmation on some specific operations like delete a file.
• CharacterPickerDialog: It is used to pick an accented character that is associated with base character.
• DatePickerDialog: It contains DatePicker control. It is used to collect data from user.
• ProgressDialog: It contains a ProgressBar control. It is used to update the status of an operation. For example, file transfer is in progress.
• TimePickerDialog: It contains a TimePicker as shown in figure.