Using Intents to Launch Other Applications
by, 02-11-2012 at 01:53 PM (710 Views)
Normally, activity classes within application’s package are launched. There are cases in which applications are interested in launching external activity class in other applications with suitable permissions. You can initialize applications by creating intent actions such as following:
• Built-in web browser is launched and a URL address is supplied.
• A web browser is launched and search string is supplied.
• Built-in Dialer application is launched and a phone number is supplied.
• Built-in Maps application is launched and location is supplied.
• Google Street View is launched and location is supplied.
• Built-in Camera application is launched in still or video mode.
• A ringtone picker is launched.
• Sound recorder is launched.