Android Project Files in Eclipse
by, 02-11-2012 at 12:29 PM (1793 Views)
In this section we will explain different files automatically created with a new android project in eclipse.
• AndroidManifest.xml: Main configuration’s file for the application.
• default.properties: Build file used by Eclipse and Android ADT plug-in.
• proguard.cfg: Build file used by Eclipse, ProGuard, and the Android ADT plug-in. You can edit and configure this file to optimize your code.
• src folder: This folder contains all the source code.
• Activity.java: Activity file for the Android application.
• R.java: Automatically generated source file for resource management.
• assets folder: All the uncompiled file resources are placed here.
• res folder: Manage all application resources. Application resources include animations, drawable graphics, layout files, data-like strings and numbers, and raw files.
• res/drawable-*: Application icon graphic resources.
• /res/layout/main.xml: Layout resource file.
• /res/values/strings.xml: String resources are defined in this file.