Creating Hello World Android Project in Eclipse
by, 02-11-2012 at 12:28 PM (948 Views)
In this section, we will create a simple Hello World Android Project in Eclipse. Launch you Eclipse and follow these steps to create a simple project.
• Click File -> New -> Android Project.
• Enter a project name. For example “Droid1”.
• Select a folder for the project source.
• Next you need to select build target for your Android Project. Select most suitable for your target audience and application. For example if you want to use Google Maps, then select Google APIs version for your target platform.
• You need to specify an application name that your end user will see on the screen. In this example use “Droid #1”.
• Follow Java naming conventions and specify a package name.
• Select the “Create Activity” check box. It will launch the wizard to create Activity class for application. Name your activity “DroidActivity”. Your settings should look like below figure.
• Select the Min SDK Version.
• Click Next button.
• Create a test project with your application. For this example, it is not required; however you can add it later.
• Click the Finish button.