Edit Android Manifest File
by, 02-11-2012 at 10:09 AM (1175 Views)
Manifest information is managed in different tabs by file editor. These tabs are as follow:
- Manifest: This tab is used for application general settings such as version information, package name etc.
- Application: Application details such as name, icon and “guts” are defined under this tab. Like what application can run and what other services application can provide.
- Permissions: Application’s permissions are defined under this tab. If application wants to read a contact from phone then application will register its permission in this tab.
- Instrumentation: This tab is used for unit testing based on various instrumentation classes.
- AndroidManifest.xml: This is used to access XML editor and edit manifest file.