Java Server Faces (JSF) tutorials and examples.
Folowing points explain the key differences between these 2 frameworks.
• Struts framework is matured and evolved over the years.
• JSF is immature as compare to Struts.
• Struts is based on a controller which uses Front Controller design pattern. Also it has only one event handler for a HTTP request.
• JSF is based on Page Controller design pattern and front controller Servlet handles all requests.
• Struts does not support RAD.
• Struts supports
Recently, Java Server Faces has gained lot of popularity for building web applications in java. Following are the core features of java server faces.
• It supports rapid application development with help of its core components like buttons, text fields, tree, tables etc. Programmer can build their applications using these components.
• It has a support for JSP tags to access its interface components as explained in above step. Also it supports custom components.